Counseling for New Mothers
For new moms, it can be upsetting and frightening to have feelings about motherhood that don’t seem “right.”
Sometimes new moms get advice from friends that, although well intentioned, is not so helpful. Talking to a therapist who specializes in dealing with new motherhood issues can be comforting, relieving, and enlightening.
Therapists who have extensive education and training in postpartum disorders understand that hormone changes, personal and family history, and social support are all vital factors in understanding and alleviating postpartum symptoms.
Common postpartum symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you should have become a mother in the first place
- Feeling guilty due to high self-expectations
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge your inabilities
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation. Together, we’ll find the underlying issues that make you feel disconnected from your baby and create a strategy for moving forward. Contact us today to see how we can help.